Hammer mill consists of Pivoted hammers, mounted on a horizontal shaft. Crushing takes place by impact between the hammers and anvil plate. The hammers delivers heavy blows to the feed material while it is in suspension, driving it against an anvil plate until it is fine enough to pass through the opening of the mesh fitted in the bottom of the Mill.The present Hammer Mill has sturdy housing that contains 4 Nos. of T shaped hammers, pivoted to a disc, which is fitted with the shaft of the mill turning about the horizontal axis. The shaft is directly coupled to a motor. The housing contains a semi-circular teethed liner (or anvil plate) on the top of it. A glass window to see through in the Mill is fixed on the front cover, which can be opened to change the sieve. Different mesh sizes are provided to get different product size. A hopper with feed opening and adjustment is provided in the Mill. The crushed material is collected in a receiver provided in the set-up. This mill can accept a feed size of 6.5mm or less.
· To study the operation of a Hammer Mill.
UTILITIES REQUIRED :
· Raw Material for Feed.
· Electric Supply : 3 Phase, 440 V AC, 2 kW.
· Set of Sieves with Sieve Shaker for analysis.
· Floor area 0.5 x 0.5m
· Hammer Mill Housing
· Material Stainless Steel, Dia 145mm, Depth 75mm
· Feed Size 6mm approx.
· Product Size 60 - 150 mesh approx.
· Hammers Material Stainless Steel, Anvil Plate Size 55mm x 15mm Material Stainless Steel, Teethed Semi-circular Hopper Material Stainless Steel with discharge control arrangement Discharge Chute Suitable size Drive2 HP Crompton motor (Three Phase) Product Receiver Material Stainless Steel of suitable size Starter2 HP Crompton make
· An ENGLISH instruction manual consisting of experimental procedures, block diagram etc. will be provided along with the Apparatus