The present Gear Pump Test Rig is a self-contained unit operated on closed circuit basis containing a sump tank. The set-up consists of a Gear Pump having a pair of meshed gears, coupled with a swinging frame type DC Motor which permits direct torque measurement with the help of a spring balance. Power input to the DC Motor is varied by means of a Thyristor controlled DC Drive to vary the RPM of motor. A RPM Indicator with Proximity sensor indicates the RPM of Pump. Flow of fluid is measured by using measuring tank and stop watch. Vacuum gauge is fitted on suction line and Pressure gauge is fitted on delivery line to measure the pressure.
· To determine total head, pump output, overall efficiency and pump efficiency.
· To plot Graph:
· Head vs Discharge
· Pump efficiency vs Discharge.
· Electricity Supply: Single Phase, 220 V AC, 50 Hz, 5-15 amp combined socket with earth
· Oil: SAE 20W 40(30 lt.)
· Drain required
· Floor Area Required: 1.5 x 0.75 m.
· Pump : Speed 1500 RPM (max.) Capacity 1 HP, Head 5kg/cm2 (max.)
· Medium Flow : Clear Oil.
· Drive : 1 HP DC motor swinging frame type with Thyristor controlled
· DC Drive for variable speed.
· Spring Balance : Dial type.
· Sump Tank : Capacity 35 Ltrs. (approx.)
· Flow Measurement : Using Measuring Tank (Capacity 20 Ltrs. (approx.)) and Electronic Stop Watch
· Pressure Gauge : Bourdon type
· Vacuum Gauge : Bourdon type
· Control Panel Comprises of :
· RPM measurement: Digital RPM Indicator with Proximity sensor.
· Standard make On/Off Switch, Mains Indicator, etc.
· Instruction Manual : An ENGLISH instruction manual will be provided along
· with the Apparatus Tanks will be made of Stainless Steel.
· The whole set-up is well designed and arranged in a good quality painted structure